The Bureau of Business and Economic Research is a research department within the School of Business Administration at The University of Montana, Missoula. We produce a variety of economic and industry data including annual economic forecasts for the United States as well as Montana, its industries, and counties. Five functional areas make up the Bureau of Business and Economic Research:
- Economic Analysis tracks the economic performance of all geographic areas in Montana.
- Manufacturing Research and Forest Industry Research focus special attention on these important industries in Montana and surrounding states.
- Health Care Industry Research examines markets, trends, industry structure, costs, and other high visibility topics to monitor the health status of Montanans.
- Publications, such as the Montana Business Quarterly, the Outlook Book and other reports, include research and data that help Montanans better understand the state's economic climate.
- The Survey Research Division regularly conducts research to gather local, state, and national economic data for both public and private sector studies.
Bureau Advisory Board
PPL Montana, LLC
Benefis Health System
Vice President and General Manager
F. H. Stoltze Land and Lumber Company
Missoula Economic Partnership
Operations Group Manager
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Economic Development Director
Office of U.S.Senator Max Baucus
Timothy P. Waldo
AXA Equitable AgriFinance